Your Business has a Voice in Local Government

 Registration is closed for this event

Voting is part of the voice that every adult Australian citizen has in the community. Local Government elections are a bit different from State and Federal. Just as  enrolled residents of Fremantle can vote,  rate paying commercial property owners and businesses with leases longer than 3 months have the right to vote in Local Government elections. This means as ratepayer you can be part of the decision making process as to who becomes your local representative on Council and maybe even Mayor.

The business community is an important part of the Fremantle landscape and vital to the local economy. There are many ways to make your voice heard in the community and voting is certainly one of the biggest of them all. 

You have made significant investment into your business and therefore into the Fremantle community. Enrolling to vote adds strength to your voice and, in turn, the voice of the business community.

However, just because you own commercial property or have a business with a lease longer than 3 months you are not automatically enrolled to vote.  To have a say in your local representation  you must choose to become part of the Owner’s and Occupiers Roll.

In any one ward or Mayoral election, you only get one vote. So, if you happen to live in and are already on the electoral roll for that ward you don’t get two votes. Consider nominating another representative of your business.

Business Enrolment

If your business occupies a property with a lease longer than 3 months, fill out the following form.

Property Owner Enrolment

If you own a property in Fremantle but do not live there, fill out the following form. If you own more than one property in Fremantle fill out a form for each of those properties.

Corporate Body Enrolment

If you are a nominee of a body corporate that leases/occupies or owns a property in a City of Fremantle complete the following form.

If your corporate body owns more than one property in Fremantle, fill out a nomination form for each of those properties.

If you own the property you remain on the roll until such time as you sell the property. Occupiers will need to re-enrol at a later date

No matter how many properties you own as an individual in Fremantle you only get one vote per district for Mayor. 


Step 1: Fill out the form

Step 2: Get the form to the City of Fremantle ASAP e.g by Friday, 1 September 2017. Options include:

  • Scan and email to
  • Mail to: PO Box 807, Fremantle WA, 6959
  • Hand Deliver to Town Hall Centre, Kings Square, Fremantle

Step 3: Await your confirmation of enrolment

Need help? Simply register your details below and we will contact you to support you through your enrolment.

Alternatively call the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce 08 9335 2711 or

September 1st, 2017 5:00 PM   through   5:00 PM
Fremantle Chamber of Commerce
16 Phillimore Street

Show large map
Phone: (08) 9335 2711
Event Info

Help spread the word

Please help us and let your friends, colleagues and followers know about our page: Your Business has a Voice in Local Government

You can also share the below link in an email or on your website.